Join Eddie Davila for an in-depth discussion in this video Inventory consumption rates, part of Operations Management Foundations.
- Shampoo, it's funny how we use it, right?…When you get a new bottle, the next shower's…like having a shampoo party.…You use lots of shampoo and build up a nice…thick lather of bubbles.…The only problem is that one week later,…you have a bottle with about that much left in it.…But somehow you're able to make that little bit of shampoo…last for months, if you need to.…I like to call that The Shampoo Principle.…The more you have the more you use.…Our consumption rates of inventory change…based on the amount of inventory we have.…
And it's a continuous cycle of use and misuse…that we can see as we get new bottles of shampoo.…When I buy a new bottle of shampoo…and put it in the shower to accompany…my almost finished bottle,…the next time I'm in the shower, what happens?…Somewhere inside my brain I'm like,…We can't have two bottles of shampoo in here.…And no matter what, it has now become my mission…to finish off that old bottle of shampoo.…I just spent weeks being so resourceful with my inventory…and now I'm driven to be careless…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding operations management
- Making key inventory decisions
- Balancing holding costs and ordering costs
- Choosing a production strategy and facility layout
- Managing waiting-line systems
- Defining quality and improving quality
- Managing business processes
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to Operations
2. Managing Inventory
3. Managing Production of Products and Services
4. Managing Waiting Lines
5. Managing Quality
6. Operations at the Office
Wrap up2m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.