Discover how to organize and run effective meetings, in person and virtually. Plus, learn how to add value as an attendee.
- Welcome to this course on meetings. My name's Chris Croft, and over the years I have been to a lot of meetings. Mostly badly run, and they do seem to be one of the most disliked and criticized things that happen in organizations. So we've got to do something about meetings. Some people spend most of their days in them, and often the key decisions in companies are made in meetings, so it's important to get them right. I've got a whole lot of ideas for you on how to run a meeting, including the fact that there are four different types of meeting that all need to be run in particular different ways.
Also what you can do about people turning up late and how to easily get the action sent out to everyone straight after the meeting. Then since we mostly attend meetings rather than lead them, I've got a whole section for you on things you can do when you're attending bad meetings. You really can make a difference to meetings that have no agenda, when people go off track, and where you don't get your message heard. And finally, I have some thoughts on the future of meetings: Remote meetings, video conferencing, how to get everyone to participate fully, and how to get the best out of the technology with all its opportunities and limitations.
So let's get started.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Setting up meetings
- Determining who needs to attend a meeting
- Choosing your meeting duration
- Providing reminders for successful meetings
- Facilitating a successful meeting
- Getting the best out of people
- Dealing with latecomers and common meeting problems
- Deciding if you should go to a meeting
- Making your voice heard
- Managing remote or virtual meetings