In this video the viewer can learn about the Compensation and Benefits functional area and how it is measured on the PHR.
- Imagine that your boss offered you a raise…and you said, "No thanks, I make enough money."…That situation is hard to picture, isn't it?…Most employees are motivated to work at places…where they feel fairly compensated for their work.…Keep that in mind as you study for the PHR exam,…which will measure your ability to recommend…appropriate compensation packages…for the jobs that exist in your organization.…The total rewards section represents…15% of the PHR exam.…
In this section you'll be asked questions…about pay systems, employee benefit programs,…and which pay designs best support…employee engagement and why.…Total rewards are all the financial…and non-financial benefits that are of value to an employee.…An employee's total compensation includes base salary,…financial incentives such as commissions,…bonuses, medical benefits,…perks, and services.…
HR pros lead the charge when it comes to compensation,…balancing how much money an employee…could make if they left the organization…with the compensation of current employees…
Disclaimer: This course is not produced nor endorsed by HRCI®.
- Name the four traditional organizational structures.
- Explain the rights an employee has when they are affected by a reduction in force (RIF).
- List the five motivational theories.
- Identify the differences between the entitlement and pay-for-performance compensation strategies.
- Determine which of the five generations is considered the first true digital natives.
- Recall the duties of a chief information officer.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 07/05/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover risk and change management, learning and development, and total rewards. In addition, the following topics were updated: PHR exam outline and HR’s strategic focus.