In this video the viewer can learn about the Workforce Planning and Employment functional area and how it is measured on the PHR.
- Businesses should know what jobs they have…and what jobs they need.…This statement seems rather straightforward…but you'd be amazed…at how many companies don't get this right.…I've experienced many companies who advertise a job…simply because someone was promoted or dismissed,…but rarely do they ask themselves…do we even need this position?…HRs role in talent planning and acquisition…is more than just knowing the number of open positions,…it involves a dialogue with senior management…about the kind of talent a company needs…to execute its strategic plan.…
Talent planning doesn't take place…at a single moment in time…it's an ongoing process…that ensures the alignment of the companies priorities…with the workforce and ensures compliance…with regulatory or legislative mandates.…On the PH exam the talent planing and acquisition section…represents 16% of the five part exam.…PHR candidates should pay extra attention to this area…as it's a significant part…of the work HR professionals are engaged in.…It's become increasingly important for HR pros…
Disclaimer: This course is not produced nor endorsed by HRCI®.
- Name the four traditional organizational structures.
- Explain the rights an employee has when they are affected by a reduction in force (RIF).
- List the five motivational theories.
- Identify the differences between the entitlement and pay-for-performance compensation strategies.
- Determine which of the five generations is considered the first true digital natives.
- Recall the duties of a chief information officer.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 07/05/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover risk and change management, learning and development, and total rewards. In addition, the following topics were updated: PHR exam outline and HR’s strategic focus.