In this video the viewer can learn about the Human Resource Development functional area and how it is measured on the PHR.
- In a recent staff meeting, I was asked…what made me get up and come to work every day?…Is it the money?…Is it because I love what I do?…The question made me pause,…but I ultimately landed on my belief…that the company I work for is willing…to invest in my professional growth.…That showed their commitment to me,…which makes it easy for me to commit to them.…Employees have an expectation that companies they work…for will invest in their continual development.…Not only is this an employee expectation,…it's a business imperative in successful organizations…because a well-trained workforce can deliver…more shareholder value now and in the future.…
The Learning and Development section…of the PHR exam accounts for 10% of the exam content,…which shows the importance of these competencies…for the HR professional.…Sometimes there's a need to solve identified problems…through training or other organizational development…interventions, for one person, a department,…or a whole company.…HR's role related to training activities is to recommend…
Disclaimer: This course is not produced nor endorsed by HRCI®.
- Name the four traditional organizational structures.
- Explain the rights an employee has when they are affected by a reduction in force (RIF).
- List the five motivational theories.
- Identify the differences between the entitlement and pay-for-performance compensation strategies.
- Determine which of the five generations is considered the first true digital natives.
- Recall the duties of a chief information officer.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 07/05/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover risk and change management, learning and development, and total rewards. In addition, the following topics were updated: PHR exam outline and HR’s strategic focus.