In this video the viewer can learn about the Employee and Labor Relations functional area and how it is measured on the PHR.
- When I ask an employee to come see me,…they immediately assume there's a problem.…Even employees who've just been publicly recognized for…their good work still think, I must be in serious trouble.…This unfortunately has become the identity…of employee relations in most organizations.…While there's an element of employee relations that…involves HR as the disciplinarian,…employee relations encompasses all of the interactions…between the employer and employees,…and employees with other employees.…
It's no surprise that this often misunderstood yet…vital part of HR represents 39% of the PHR exam content.…As a newly certified HR pro, you'll want to expand…the appreciation for employee relations and the role this…HR function plays in creating a positive workplace culture.…Emotional intelligence and critical thinking skills…are heavily used when managing…the employee employer relationship.…
HR pros keep a pulse on company culture and climate.…At the same time, they have to consider employee attitudes…and whether employees are modeling stated company values.…
Disclaimer: This course is not produced nor endorsed by HRCI®.
- Name the four traditional organizational structures.
- Explain the rights an employee has when they are affected by a reduction in force (RIF).
- List the five motivational theories.
- Identify the differences between the entitlement and pay-for-performance compensation strategies.
- Determine which of the five generations is considered the first true digital natives.
- Recall the duties of a chief information officer.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 07/05/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover risk and change management, learning and development, and total rewards. In addition, the following topics were updated: PHR exam outline and HR’s strategic focus.