In this video the viewer can learn about the Business Management functional area and how it is measured on the PHR.
- In my career, I've been faced with many tough decisions.…Once, an employee with a substance abuse problem…confronted me after work in a pretty threatening way.…This employee also happened to be assigned…to several key projects,…had the best technical skills of anyone on his team,…and was pretty politically well connected.…I had to weigh the gravity of the after hours interaction…with the needs of our business…as I considered the next steps.…Should he be disciplined?…What other business implications are there?…It wasn't a simple decision.…
This is why it's so important for HR professionals…to have a sound understanding…of business structures and operations.…HR pros use this knowledge to fully evaluate…the consequences of any people-related decisions.…HR professionals build credibility with business leaders…when they communicate in a way that resonates with them.…Leaders are more confident in…and more collaborative with HR…when they believe HR understands what must be done…to help the business achieve its goals.…
Disclaimer: This course is not produced nor endorsed by HRCI®.
- Name the four traditional organizational structures.
- Explain the rights an employee has when they are affected by a reduction in force (RIF).
- List the five motivational theories.
- Identify the differences between the entitlement and pay-for-performance compensation strategies.
- Determine which of the five generations is considered the first true digital natives.
- Recall the duties of a chief information officer.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 07/05/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover risk and change management, learning and development, and total rewards. In addition, the following topics were updated: PHR exam outline and HR’s strategic focus.