LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Determining the purpose of the interview
- Clarifying expectations
- Making a good first impression
- Asking creative questions consistently
- What candidate questions reveal
- The basics of conducting an interview
- Creating brand awareness and getting referrals
Skill Level Beginner
- If you're not hiring or placing exceptional candidates, ask yourself if your interview process is designed to excite them. Your interview is the foundation for your entire hiring process. When was the last time you reviewed your interviewing process? Is it time for you to consider different interviewing styles? My name is Barb Bruno and I've been in the recruiting profession for over 25 years, and I've placed more than 10,000 people in jobs. I've trained thousands of recruiters and talent acquisition professionals on how to fine-tune their interviewing skills to fill more requisitions.
In this course, we're going to talk about the best way to prepare for interviews. You'll learn why it's so important for you to understand your company culture, selling points, and the opportunity. You'll learn how to clarify expectations, make a good first impression, consistently ask creative questions, and how to quantify answers. We will also discuss what candidate questions reveal. In addition, we'll review the different types of interviews and provide interviewing tips as well as sample lists of the most effective questions to ask.
You'll learn how to create brand awareness, obtain referrals, and why candidates should become part of your professional network. If you're willing to make subtle changes to your interviewing techniques to attract exceptional candidates, this course was written for you. Let's get started.