Join Bob McGannon for an in-depth discussion in this video Integration and communication techniques, part of Managing Project Integration.
- Have you ever played a game of Telephone?…One person starts by saying a couple of words…in somebody's ear, like "Rainbows are colorful."…That person then says it in the next person's ear,…and so on and so on,…until the message reaches the last person.…The last person then says the message out loud…as they've heard it.…Instead of "Rainbows are colorful,"…the message can be substantially distorted along the way.…I would not be surprised to hear that…"Rainbows are colorful" becomes "Kittens make great pets."…This can happen on integrated projects too.…
You may be working on a project…to implement a new HR system,…but that system may touch upon other areas…of the business and other projects.…Careful and deliberate communication is needed…to keep stakeholders up to date with the right information.…Here are some solutions you can use.…An Integration Tracking Tool can be used…to provide a comprehensive overview…of all tasks associated with the integration effort,…so those tasks can be tracked in one place.…
When a change to one aspect of the project needs to occur,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Planning for integration
- Managing scope, cost, and risk
- Integration and communication techniques
- Staffing the integration
- Mapping project interrelationships
- Dealing with multiple critical paths