Insurance coverage protects you, your employees, and your clients. You need a variety of insurance policies. They may include general liability, errors and omissions (E&O), auto, and workers' compensation. Different clients have different insurance requirements. Understand and comply with those requirements, and also make sure you have enough coverage in case disaster strikes.
- The world is unpredictable.…Bad things happen.…Insurance coverage protects you,…your employees and your clients.…You'll need several insurance policies…that may include general liability,…errors and omissions, auto, health,…disability and workers compensation.…General liability is exactly that.…It's coverage that can protect you…from a variety of claims including bodily injury,…property damage, personal injury…and other risk that can arise from your business operations.…
Errors and omissions insurance,…which is commonly referred to as E&O…protects companies and their workers…or individuals against claims made by clients…for inadequate work or negligent actions.…But not all consulting firms need E&O insurance.…Just because a client ask for it,…it doesn't mean you have to provide it.…At Thought Leaders, we deliver training services.…We go to the client, we teach for a day,…and then we go home.…A lot of my clients ask for E&O insurance,…and we tell them, it's not really necessary.…
We're not creating the kinds of deliverables…
- Identify types of consulting business models.
- Describe revenue models.
- Explain how to estimate and manage costs.
- Price services using pricing strategies.
- Explain how to negotiate deals with clients.
- List effects of responding to RFPs.
- Identify the phases of constructing a consulting engagement.
- Present findings and implement recommendations.
- Describe different ways to manage legal issues.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Define Your Consulting Business
2. Marketing and Selling
3. Contract and Protect Yourself
4. Run the Consulting Engagement
5. Handle Administration
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.