Join John Ullmen for an in-depth discussion in this video Initiate reciprocation or exchange, part of Influencing Others.
…The eighth method is Initiate reciprocation.…Ivan Misner, founder and CEO of BNI, the…largest business networking organization in the world said this.…The best way to get what you want is to help others get what they want.…Reciprocation operates most strongly when favors have these qualities.…One, they're personalized, clearly given for that particular individual.…Two, they're meaningful.…Worthwhile in some way, even symbolically, to the recipient.…Three, they're unexpected.…
They weren't solicited and no payback is required.…A study explored the effect on tips for restaurant servers…leaving mints for patrons at the end of a meal.…When servers left one mint compared to no mints, tips increased by 3.3%.…Two mints,14.4%.…Now that's a big jump.…But when that third factor of unexpected was…accentuated, by giving the first mint, then turning away.…And coming back to give the second mint, tips increased almost 10% more to 23%.…
This highlights that favors don't have to be large, time consuming, or expensive.…It's the structure of the favors that generates the impact.…
- Name a feeling that might inhibit you from inspiration-based influence.
- Explain how to most appropriately balance short-term and long-term results.
- Assess why “pains and gains” is a powerful motivator.
- List the steps of the advice influence technique.
- Identify the first thing you do when using social proof.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Mindset and Habits for Influence
2. Influence Techniques
The power of gratitude1m 29s
1. What the Best Influencers Do Before They Influence
2. How to Choose the Best Influence Methods for Your Situation
3. How to Make Your Influence Welcomed and Wanted
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.