Join Judy Steiner-Williams for an in-depth discussion in this video Incorporating graphics, part of Writing Business Reports.
- You've probably heard the saying, sometimes credited…to Confucius, that a picture is worth a thousand words.…Whether that is true partially…depends on what is being depicted.…Generally, visual aids supplement…the writing, they don't replace the words.…But graphics can certainly play a key role…in a business report by helping clarify or emphasize…the point you are trying to make.…Even though a visual should not be used…just to provide a physical break in the report,…breaking up text-heavy copy is certainly…a fringe benefit of including graphics.…
If I gave you a choice of two reports to read…and one contained visuals and one didn't,…I'm almost positive that both you and I…would select the one with pictures.…If you've ever read paragraph after paragraph of statistics,…you may have been confused or overwhelmed.…But if all those numbers are put in a table,…they are easier to comprehend or if someone's…giving you statistics to emphasize how sales…have trended in the past five years, you may not…be able to grasp the impact in words.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Examining types of reports: formal to informal
- Writing the cover or title page
- Writing an introduction and body copy
- Writing a strong ending
- Doing research
- Writing outlines
- Revising and proofreading<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Writing Recommendationswith Judy Steiner-Williams10m 57s Intermediate
1. Examining Types of Business Reports
2. Exploring the Parts of a Report
3. Preparing to Write
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.