Join Dana Robinson for an in-depth discussion in this video Incorporating example, part of Setting Up Your Small Business as a Legal Entity.
- So, I'd like to take an opportunity to actually show…you on a computer how easy it is to incorporate.…I'm using Colorado as an example.…Every state's a little bit different but they…all serve the same function essentially.…So, we're gonna start by opening a web browser,…and for Colorado, I'm just gonna do a Google search…for Colorado incorporation and you'll notice…a lot of different companies that come up in…the result but the number one result is…actually the Colorado secretary of state,…which is the organization that…manages the filings in Colorado.…
We're gonna click on that and we have a choice,…there's a place that you can search if you…would like to search for the name but…you also have the ability under LLCs,…Corporations & Trade Names to file an LLC,…a for profit corporation and a nonprofit corporation.…Let's start with a profit corporation.…I'm gonna click on that.…And here we have to pick a name.…In principle, you've already searched to be sure that…the name is available and that the exact name…is not being used by somebody else.…
DISCLAIMER: This course is taught by an attorney and addresses US law concepts that may not apply in all countries. Neither LInkedIn nor the attorney teaching the course represents you and they are not giving legal advice. The information conveyed through this course is akin to a college or law school course; it is not intended to give legal advice, but instead to communicate basic information to help viewers understand the basics of intellectual property.
- What is a sole proprietorship?
- Understanding corporate entities
- Exploring corporations and LLCs
- Choosing a corporate entity
- Creating an operating agreement
- Exploring incorporating examples
- Establishing an IRS tax ID