Understand when free makes sense, and how to incorporate free into your business model, from the beginning. Learn the three reasons free makes sense, and use these reasons as a guide in determining your own strategy.
- Free is all the rage these days.…Investors want entrepreneurs to make a land-grab…and gain awareness and eyeballs, as quickly as possible.…We've all heard the saying though,…there's no such thing as a free lunch and,…as my grandma used to say, "Why would they buy the cow…"when the milk is free?"…So what should you do when it comes to giving it all away?…First of all, it's important to understand…why so much more value is being given at lower costs…than ever before.…It's because the cost to deliver is declining.…
Today, anyone with a mobile device can film, store,…and serve coverage of emerging stories,…even as the stories are happening and at minimal cost.…We all know that and your customers know that too.…And so they expect you to price accordingly.…In other words, no one cares that you have expenses.…You need to be at least at parity with your market.…So anything that's already been declared free, must be free.…And if you don't want to make it free, stop creating it.…Now, many of you might be thinking that your content…
In this course, Robbie Kellman Baxter—author of The Membership Economy: Find Your Super Users, Master the Forever Transaction, and Build Recurring Revenue—goes into the types of skills required in a membership economy company, why onboarding matters so much in long-term customer relationships, and how to optimize the experience for loyalty. She also outlines pricing for value in the membership economy, when free makes sense, how technology can extend the infrastructure of trust, and best practices for customer success and retention.
- Identify what is most important in the membership economy.
- List attributes that describe a superuser.
- Recall what does not justify a freemium model.
- Explain how to handle requests for cancellations.
- Identify best practices in building an active digital community.