Join John Ullmen for an in-depth discussion in this video Improving vocal delivery, part of Communication Fundamentals.
- A grown man in uniform once pointed in my dresser drawer…and whispered hoarsely, "Owen, you're a disgrace,…"you call that a crease in your pajamas?…"Pathetic."…I was a student at the Air Force Academy…in Colorado Springs, Colorado.…It's a military college and this was during…an inspection my freshman year.…There are lots of inspections and we were required…to wear official uniforms at all times, even at night.…So yes, laugh if you will, and you should,…we were issued pajamas and they had to look…just so in the dresser for inspections.…
Now, I went on to enjoy my time in the military very much,…but at this point, I was coming in…for heavy criticism about my pajama pressing.…I was so surprised, I didn't say anything.…I was thinking "A crease?…"Has anyone ever ironed pajamas?…"He can't be serious."…He sure sounded serious, though.…Especially when he went from whispering to yelling.…But now, after many years, I see what he was really doing.…And it's the reason I tell this story.…Surely, he was illustrating the use…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Managing the intent-impact gap
- Designing the content of your message
- Improving vocal delivery
- Adjusting your body language
- Being politically savvy
- Listening to what's said, what's unsaid, and how it's said
- Increasing empathy and trust
- Overcoming anxiety<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Increasing the Positive Impact of Your Communication
2. Adapting to Your Audience
Being politically savvy4m 41s
3. Listening to Understand and Build Trust
4. Managing Common Communication Challenges
Next steps2m 45s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.