Join Todd Dewett for an in-depth discussion in this video Improving the review process, part of Performance Review Foundations.
…No discussion of the employee appraisal process is complete…without discussing how you might approach improving the process.…Let's be honest, most employees and most managers don't enjoy the review process.…So, making it more valuable and user friendly is an important goal.…Your first target is training for the…actual managers who'll be delivering employee reviews.…Believe it or not, the vast majority of people who deliver reviews…have not been trained to do so effectively.…They need the right attitude and the right skills, too often managers have a poor…attitude about the entire process, they feel it…takes too much time and is it necessary?…They need to understand the benefits associated with a…properly executed evaluation in terms of clarity, motivation, and productivity.…
They also need all the essential skills we've been discussing in this course.…Some, they'll intuitively understand. Others, they won't.…That's why training can be so useful.…In addition, a special focus for any…training has to be how to rate effectively.…
- Describe why performance reviews are important.
- Explain why a manager might use informal feedback.
- Recognize when it’s important to have a witness present during an evaluation.
- Cite the benefits of performance improvement plans.
- Identify the primary goal of managing performance throughout the year.
- Describe when it’s time to discuss possible role changes for an employee.
- Explain the 360 review process.
- Cite ways to set expectations for a performance review meeting.
Skill Level Intermediate
Managing Employee Performance Problems (2013)with Todd Dewett1h 53m Intermediate
1. Overview of Performance Management
2. Setting Goals with Employees
3. Gathering Feedback on Performance
4. Writing the Review
5. Delivering the Review
6. Taking Next Steps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.