Join Eddie Davila for an in-depth discussion in this video Improving quality: benchmarking, part of Operations Management Foundations.
- Former Intel CEO, Andy Grove, loved to say,…"Only the paranoid survive."…That quote tells us a lot about the never ending…competitive nature of business.…Companies should strive to be the best…but to be the best companies often want to know…where they stand and what others might be doing.…It's no wonder that benchmarking is such an important part…of many businesses.…Benchmarking is a process of comparing and measuring…your company's processes and systems…against the processes and systems of others.…
Sometimes people will also use benchmarking…as a means to discover another company's best practices.…How does it work?…Well, usually benchmarking is a four step process.…First, identify the process you want to benchmark.…Benchmarking is not an overall…company-to-company comparison.…It's very specific.…Second, identify the leader or leaders.…Which company's processes…will you compare your process to?…Third, gather data.…
How do they measure their process?…How do your process metrics compare to theirs?…How do they do things differently?…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding operations management
- Making key inventory decisions
- Balancing holding costs and ordering costs
- Choosing a production strategy and facility layout
- Managing waiting-line systems
- Defining quality and improving quality
- Managing business processes
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Procurementwith Bob McGannon1h 24m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Qualitywith Bob McGannon1h 22m Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to Operations
2. Managing Inventory
3. Managing Production of Products and Services
4. Managing Waiting Lines
5. Managing Quality
6. Operations at the Office
Wrap up2m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.