Join Todd Dewett for an in-depth discussion in this video Improving process efficiency, part of Managing for Results.
- One of the best ways to really get results…is also one of the most neglected.…It's a focus on Process Improvement.…A process is a series of steps…your team must complete to reach a goal.…Think of it as a linked sequence of steps…designed to streamline the work.…This might involve adding value to actual, physical objects…as happens in the manufacturing environment,…or it might involve completing a sequence of analyses…and clerical tasks to ensure an invoice is paid,…there are endless examples.…
Finding ways to improve processes,…whether that's effectiveness or efficiency…is important in the short term to maximize results…and vital in the long term to create real innovation.…Processes matter, because when tuned correctly…they ensure consistent quality, fewer errors and mistakes…and more satisfied customers and colleagues.…On the other hand, when processes are not optimized…they may create numerous problems…including upset customers, duplicated work, delayed work,…low quality work, unnecessarily high costs…or wasted resources.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Identify multiple strategies for managing with results in mind.
- Explore the strengths and weaknesses of visual management.
- Recognize the key factors in building a transparent meritocracy.
- Identify methods for tuning and optimizing management processes to improve efficiency.
- Review the challenges of rapid decision making.
- List the essential elements of a post-hoc analysis.