You need to decide if you offer implementation services. Some clients will want you to stay on the project and help them execute your recommendations. With that approach comes accountability for the results. The upside is you have a larger project and be involved in its success. The downside is you can't serve other clients, and if implementation goes poorly, you'll be the one who is blamed.
- You'll need to decide if you offer…implementation services.…Some clients want you to stay on the project…and help them implement your recommendations.…With this approach comes accountability for those results.…The upside is you'll have a larger project,…be involved in its success, and generate additional revenue.…The downside is you won't be serving other clients,…and if implementation goes poorly,…you might be the one who's blamed.…Things to consider when offering…implementation services are:…What authority will you have?…Will you be allowed to make decisions?…What approval do you need?…It's a bad situation to have responsibility…without authority to make things happen.…
How long will the services last?…Is it time bound or milestone bound?…If you can't leave until the recommendation…is fully implemented, remember that plans always run long…and you could be doing implementation…much longer than you expect.…How will you be paid for your services?…Is it project based or hourly based?…Is this the kind of work you want to do?…
- Working as a consultant
- Generating revenue as a consultant
- Cost structures, pricing, finances, and taxes
- Marketing and selling consulting services
- Negotiating and contracting
- Working with clients
- Presenting findings to clients
- Implementing recommendations
- Managing legal issues
- Insuring a business
- Getting licensed and certified
Skill Level Beginner
Understanding Intellectual Propertywith Dana Robinson1h 31m Appropriate for all
1. Define Your Consulting Business
2. Marketing and Selling
3. Contract and Protect Yourself
4. Run the Consulting Engagement
5. Handle Administration
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.