Join Steven Brown for an in-depth discussion in this video Impacting company performance, part of Logistics Foundations.
- Because logistics focuses on managing…and filling the customer's order,…it cuts across the borders of many…different business functions.…So, it is very important that we understand…how logistics interacts with those other roles…within the organization.…Let's look at four typical areas that require…a degree of communication and coordination.…First and foremost, let's consider marketing.…Because both activities directly interact with the customer…logistics and marketing go hand in hand.…It is very difficult to talk about one without…talking about the other.…
Marketing professionals often talk about…the four Ps of marketing.…So, we definitely want to take a quick look…at each of those and how they impact logistics.…Price is the for area in the marketing mix.…Your company often offers a price discount…to your customers for purchasing in higher quantities.…The more the customer buys, the lower is the cost per unit.…Logistics professionals can work closely with the marketing…department to align those quantity discounts…
These lessons will help you understand the importance of logistics and help your company prepare for efficient delivery, distribution, and inventory. Plus, get insights on the latest logistics trends.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Define order fulfillment.
- Describe the significance of logistics.
- Explain outbound and inbound logistics.
- Distinguish among transportation options.
- Explain the Bullwhip Effect.
- Identify types of obstacles to coordination.
- Manage customer requirements.
- Describe how to differentiate your company.