Join Bob McGannon for an in-depth discussion in this video Identifying your team's potential, part of Managing Virtual Teams (2014).
Smart phones are prevalent in the business community…and there is app for almost anything.…But do we know every single app that exists?…Probably not as there millions.…In fact, most of us probably don't even know…the extent to which we could be using our phones…let alone the available apps.…Your remote team probably has hidden potential…in the same way your smart phone does.…A key difference is that you can see,…touch, and configure a phone,…which you can't usually do with your remote team members.…
You can see the result of remote employee's work…but you often don't get a chance…to see how your employee works.…How they got from point A to point B…and produced their results could well remain a mystery.…While there's not an app for that…there are some things you can do…that might help make it easier for you…to identify your teams potential.…Here are some common struggles…managers of remote employees face…and some recommendations that can help…you maximize what your team has to offer.…
Let's start with the common struggles…
Discover how to build rapport, set mutual expectations, communicate, connect, overcome conflict, get work done, and grow the team. Also included is a look at the top five challenges managers face in leading remote teams and helpful solutions that will get your team on track.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Summarize the characteristics of the three “back to basics” areas of managing a remote team.
- Explain the steps taken to create positive relationships with a new team.
- Recall the purpose of integrity checks.
- Identify the characteristics of four types of management styles.
- Recognize the purpose of reviewing the lessons learned with a remote team.
- Determine the best action to take in order to enhance a remote team member’s sense of ownership and willingness to focus on performance.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding Remote Team Management
2. Building Team Relationships
3. Developing an Effective Management Style
4. Managing Productivity and Results
5. Enhancing Success over Time
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.