The member will learn how to identify problems or opportuities for six sigma projects
- At this point in the course you may be asking yourself,…"How do I identify potential projects for Six Sigma?"…What screening criteria should be used?…And given the company's limited bandwidth,…"How do I prioritize the projects?"…Funny you should ask.…In this movie we'll discuss how best to identify…potential projects for Six Sigma,…then we'll talk about how to screen them,…and how to prioritize them for launch.…Here's a handy checklist…for identifying potential Six Sigma projects.…
Start with the company's or departments annual goals.…Ask yourself, "What improvements are needed?"…How do you plan to achieve those improvements?…What Six Sigma projects would help you achieve those goals?…Identify performance gaps in key metrics,…key performance indicators or KPIs.…Do these performance gaps have to be closed?…Review performance reports on products,…services, and processes.…Identify the areas with performance shortfalls…they are potential targets for Six Sigma projects.…
Review data on customer complaints, returns,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is Six Sigma?
- Understanding key concepts such as Y = f(x) and sigma level
- Selecting Six Sigma projects and team members
- Planning in the Define phase
- Gathering data in the Measure phase
- Analyzing data in the Analyze phase
- Selecting and evaluating solutions in the Improve phase
- Developing a control plan in the Control phase
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to Six Sigma
2. Key Concepts in Six Sigma
3. Selection of Six Sigma Projects
4. Define Phase
5. Measure Phase
6. Analyze Phase
7. Improve Phase
8. Control Phase
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.