In this video, learn that portfolio management starts with the ideas and problems that exist in the organization and that capturing those is critical to success. Learn also to focus on the right ideas and full participation in the process and include consolidation and refinement.
- Business success comes from taking the ideas…in employees' heads and doing something about them.…Idea generation and capture is the foundation for success…in every portfolio in every business.…Finding the best ideas,…capturing them and implementing them…will allow you to maximize your potential.…This is basic idea generation.…Recognizing something could be better…and proposing that improvement.…It's something every business does…and it's the first step in the portfolio lifecycle.…
But in many businesses,…this process is conducted from the top down.…Executives ask department heads…to come up with ideas for their business areas.…Those department heads then talk to their senior managers…and several different ideas are captured…by that management group.…In any business, the people who have the most ideas…and who know about the most problems…are the staff at the front lines.…These are the people who hear customer complaints everyday,…who work with systems that are inefficient and ineffective,…and who are frustrated by outdated processes.…
- Identify how to connect the strategy with delivery in portfolio management.
- Explain the process of managing alignment.
- Define a portfolio lifecycle.
- Explore business casing and analysis in portfolio management.
- Examine capacity and capability planning in portfolio management.
- Break down selection and prioritization in portfolio management.
- Recognize the elements of managing change in portfolio management.