- Leveraging your employee handbook and other documentation
- Managing assumptions and bias
- Establishing a reliable process
- Reevaluating the HR role
- Creating partnerships
- Preparing to coach
- Conducting coaching conversations
Skill Level Intermediate
- There's not a single company in the world without employee problems. No matter where you are, a simple survey of the news will tell of bullying in the workplace, sexual harassment, discrimination, and leaders behaving badly. And it makes me ask myself where was HR in all this? And no doubt other people are asking this, too. Hi, my name is JoAnn Corley. I'm the founder of The Human Sphere, a holistic talent management consultancy. And I've worked as an HR professional in a variety of roles.
And my passion is putting the human back into human resources. This is not your typical dealing with employee problems course. It's one that will offer a creative, elevated perspective to strategically approach employee problems. So in this course we'll start with the big picture to reset how we think about HR. We'll look at utilizing the much ignored employee handbook to minimize problems.
We'll also talk about the importance of training so you can prevent problems. And I'll give you tips for the investigative process in documentation. We'll look at coaching someone, from discipline to improvement and much more. Ultimately, my goal is to help you move from administrator and documenter to coach and meaningful business partner. So let's get started.