- Arrange the questions of HR strategy in order of importance.
- Define “pivotal” within the context of the course.
- Identify three key questions that help clarify and focus organizational strategy.
- Define the term “bottleneck.”
- Name four characteristics a person might have that supports improved work performance.
- Explain the importance of an HR budget that aligns with HR strategy.
- Describe the three energy profiles and how they can be used to create a balance in HR strategy.
Skill Level Advanced
- Is your HR strategy really strategic? Here's a good way to test it. What if your HR strategy fell into the hands of your toughest competitor? Would anyone care? Would your competitor learn much about your unique and vital strategic plans? Or would your HR strategy look pretty much the same as your competitor? If your answer is no one would care, you're not alone. The reason is that compared to strategies for money, technology, and customers, HR strategies are too often vague, generic, and disconnected from the strategic goals of your organization.
But I know you can do better. Hi, I'm John Boudreau. I've studied and helped improve human resource strategy for over 30 years as a professor at Cornell University and the University of Southern California, and as a consultant with some of the largest global enterprises, mid-sized organizations, and startups, using my HC Bridge Framework. In this course, I'll show you the vital questions that will reveal the pivotal talent pools and organization relationships with the greatest impact on your organization's strategic success.
We'll look at how to target your HR investments to those pivot points. You'll learn how to ask great questions and stop jumping too quickly to the obvious answers that are often wrong. You, your leaders, and your employees want to make pivotal strategic contributions based on in four choices, about the best way to invest their talent and effort. This course will show you how to create an HR strategy that guides those choices.
Let's get started on your journey to a more strategic HR strategy.