- What is job design?
- Principles/objectives of job design
- Analyzing existing jobs
- Rotating employees through different jobs
- Enriching and enlarging jobs
- Writing job descriptions
- Overcoming challenges around job design
Skill Level Intermediate
- Employees and the work they deliver are the single most important asset in your organization. Without them, your organization has no product or service to deliver to your clients. But you can't expect employees to come on board and be successful without some direction. In fact, ambiguity kills innovation, happiness and teamwork. We work best when we know what's expected of us. And that's where job design comes in. My name is Catherine Mattice Zundel, and I have been working in the field of HR for over a decade.
I have helped organizations of all shapes and sizes create better environments for employees, and often that includes redesigning jobs. In this course, I'll clarify what job design is, provide some principles and benefits of job design, and ultimately, give you the tools you need to actually engage in job design. So let's get started.