Share your customer impact story with your boss after you've closed a deal to receive recognition but also help everyone in the company be more successful.
- Imagine you just closed a big deal.…What's the natural response?…You call your boss and you say,…"Woo-hoo, we just closed a deal with this company!"…Or you send a text.…Yay, everybody's happy.…But I wanna teach you an additional technique,…and this is something that will not only get you more kudos…inside your company,…but it will also help everyone in your company…be more successful.…And it's called the customer impact story.…So, first let's talk about what people usually do.…
What usually happens when someone makes a big sale…is they write up their big win,…they send their boss and email with lots of details,…like here's how much is closed,…here's how we beat the other guy.…And the hero of the story is usually the salesperson.…Not a bad thing.…Companies also write up case studies…when customers are successful with their products.…They tend to be testimonials…or demonstrating how the product or solution is used.…Most of the time, to be quite honest,…these are kind of long and boring.…I wanna teach you how to do something different.…
In this course, Lisa outlines key techniques to find and leverage your "noble purpose" and connect with customers on a deeper level. Learn the three key elements of a great call opening, when and when not to use a pitch deck, and the secrets to creating a sales process that can flex with different customer types. Last, she provides advice to develop yourself professionally, such as how to talk to senior leaders and position yourself as a strategy partner instead of a pitchman, when and how to take your boss on a sales call, and how to network effectively. Use these tips to close bigger, close faster, and make your work more meaningful.
- Name three questions you should answer when crafting your noble purpose.
- Identify the first action you should take in a new sales job.
- Recall three pieces of information that should be included in a “win” email to the boss.
- Recognize the biggest challenge for salespeople.
- Determine what needs to be included in a pitch deck.
- List two reasons why a sales cycle may be longer than usual.