Learn how to talk to senior leaders, and position yourself as a strategy partner instead of a pitchman.
- When should you take your boss on a sales call…and when should you leave them back at the office?…(laughs)…Your boss can be one of your best assets…in closing sales and you should know how to leverage…your boss to help you to get higher level decision makers…and to help you make headway on big deals.…Now, you don't want to make a practice…of turning all your big deals over to your boss,…that's why they hired you.…But you should engage your boss on the most important ones.…So, if your boss wants to work with you, out in the field,…or you asked your boss to come on a sales call with you,…here's how you want to set up the day.…
here's how you want to set up the day.…First and foremost, don't take them on a milk run.…What do I mean by milk run?…Where you go to customer to customer…and everybody says "Oh, she's wonderful,…"he's the best, he's great."…The boss has been down this path before…and they know, that's a waste of their time.…A second thing you don't want to do…when you're out with your boss is use the day…
In this course, Lisa outlines key techniques to find and leverage your "noble purpose" and connect with customers on a deeper level. Learn the three key elements of a great call opening, when and when not to use a pitch deck, and the secrets to creating a sales process that can flex with different customer types. Last, she provides advice to develop yourself professionally, such as how to talk to senior leaders and position yourself as a strategy partner instead of a pitchman, when and how to take your boss on a sales call, and how to network effectively. Use these tips to close bigger, close faster, and make your work more meaningful.
- Name three questions you should answer when crafting your noble purpose.
- Identify the first action you should take in a new sales job.
- Recall three pieces of information that should be included in a “win” email to the boss.
- Recognize the biggest challenge for salespeople.
- Determine what needs to be included in a pitch deck.
- List two reasons why a sales cycle may be longer than usual.