Join Barbara Bruno for an in-depth discussion in this video How to verify technical abilities, degrees, and certifications, part of Technical Recruiting.
- Several years ago I had a personal experience…that really showed me the importance of checking credentials…before we send candidates to our clients.…I had sent somebody out before I did the background checks…only to find out that she had fabricated…100% of her CV.…She fabricated her education, her experience,…and of course, we were backpedaling with the client…when we realized none of it was true.…We have pressure to fill contracts and orders,…but your reputation is on the back…of every person you send out.…
And so it's extremely important to verify…technical abilities, because you and I both know…candidates will often exaggerate their capabilities.…Try to identify and utilize testing companies…who have testing that is developed…and validated by industry experts,…that examines real-life scenarios,…and lastly, examines skills that will be required…on the specific job you're representing.…It's also important to validate…that it's your candidate who is actually taking the test.…
There are individuals out there that will take tests…
There's a shortage of top technical talent worldwide. The demand for qualified technical recruiters has never been higher. The strategies in this course will help you recruit technical talent faster and meet the ever-growing demands of hiring authorities.
- Segments of IT recruiting
- Verifying credentials
- Managing visas and work restrictions
- Managing relationships with candidates
- Attracting top technical talent
- Overcoming candidate and hiring authority objections
- Negotiating and closing an offer