Join John Ullmen for an in-depth discussion in this video How to use the influence advantage checklist, part of Influencing Others.
…Imagine going to a restaurant where all the best foods…from around the world are available at the same reasonable price.…You wouldn't order the exactly the same dish night after night.…Now, imagine you had a series of several meetings at…the same restaurant with a business counterpart to discuss important issues.…You wouldn't expect them to order that exact…same dish and nothing else over and over.…Well, just like individuals vary in their preferences for food, different…people can be motivated by different influence methods in different situations.…
And, it's likely they don't have the exact same tastes and preferences as you.…So, we can't use the same one or two influence methods…over and over and expect success with different people in different situations.…We need a diverse menu of the best influence methods to choose…from to connect most effectively with the people we want to influence.…To help them buy in on their own terms and clear a…path to make it easier for them to move in the right direction.…
- Name a feeling that might inhibit you from inspiration-based influence.
- Explain how to most appropriately balance short-term and long-term results.
- Assess why “pains and gains” is a powerful motivator.
- List the steps of the advice influence technique.
- Identify the first thing you do when using social proof.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Mindset and Habits for Influence
2. Influence Techniques
The power of gratitude1m 29s
1. What the Best Influencers Do Before They Influence
2. How to Choose the Best Influence Methods for Your Situation
3. How to Make Your Influence Welcomed and Wanted
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.