The member will learn how to develop a SIPOC high level map
- Wouldn't it be nice if you had something that provides…an overall view of any process,…what's involved and who's involved?…There is such a thing.…It's called a SIPOC Diagram, spelled S-I-P-O-C.…SIPOC is an acronym for supplier, input,…process, output, customer.…The purpose of the SIPOC Diagram is to help the Six Sigma…project team document and communicate the overall scope…of the processes related to the project, on one page.…
Useful features of the SIPOC are the high-level…bird's-eye view of the process, its inputs and outputs,…and a list of the suppliers and customers.…In other words, the stakeholders of the project.…The SIPOC Diagram has five columns, with headings of…Supplier, Input, Process, Output and Customer.…Start with the middle column, the P, or Process column.…Starting at the top of this column,…major steps of the process relevant to the project are drawn…as rectangular boxes in sequential order, top down.…
The process is usually documented…as three to six major steps.…For example, for a pizza delivery restaurant,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is Six Sigma?
- Understanding key concepts such as Y = f(x) and sigma level
- Selecting Six Sigma projects and team members
- Planning in the Define phase
- Gathering data in the Measure phase
- Analyzing data in the Analyze phase
- Selecting and evaluating solutions in the Improve phase
- Developing a control plan in the Control phase
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to Six Sigma
2. Key Concepts in Six Sigma
3. Selection of Six Sigma Projects
4. Define Phase
5. Measure Phase
6. Analyze Phase
7. Improve Phase
8. Control Phase
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.