Different mindfulness techniques apply for challenges and opportunities in life at work or home. I divide the list of mindful methods into two categories. Methods for: (1) dealing with unwelcome experiences; and (2) strengthening personal alignment and connection with others.
- Imagine you took a business trip during winter…to a city where it gets very cold.…You decide to go for a walk in the morning…before the events of the day get underway.…You check the temperature, minus four degrees Fahrenheit.…Minus 20 Celsius, ugh.…But it's gonna be a long day of meetings…and this might be your only chance…to get some fresh air and exercise.…So you stick with the plan.…You bundle up.…You put on a heavy coat, hat, gloves,…you brace yourself for the cold and go outside.…You take a few steps, but something's wrong.…
Under all those heavy clothes you're broiling.…You check the temperature again.…Plus 45 degrees Fahrenheit, over seven Celsius.…You think I must have read it wrong…when I was inside a couple minutes ago.…Not if it was seven thirty AM in a town called…Spearfish, South Dakota USA,…on January twenty-second 1943.…In that town, on that day in only two minutes…the temperature changed 49 degrees Fahrenheit.…Over 27 degrees Celsius.…
When it comes to how fast the temperature can change,…that's extreme.…
UCLA professor and executive coach John Ullmen, PhD, explains the fundamentals of mindfulness and provides step-by-step methods that anyone can use. Every technique is confirmed by research and validated in practice to give you results for dealing with stress, anxiety, fear, worry, and self-doubt, and for increasing confidence, peak performance, and connection with others.
- The fundamentals of mindfulness and practicing mindful meditation
- Dealing with unwelcome experiences, such as stress, fear, and self-doubt
- Strengthening your connection with others
- Mindfulness for peak performance
- Practicing mindful leadership