In this video, you'll learn what to say and what not to say about your customers. You'll also discover how to take your boss on a sales calls, and when to involve your boss in the deal.
- What do you do when you get senior leadership face time?…Well, the most important thing…is to position yourself strategically…instead of just as a pitchman…or a pitchwoman for the company.…What do I mean by that?…When you're with a senior leader,…don't limit the conversation to your customers…or your sales.…You also want to talk about the strategic direction…of the company.…You want to lift the conversation…to the level of you leader.…Now, let me tell you about one of the best ways to do that.…
Ask your senior leader if he or she…would be willing to meet with the CEO…or a comparable senior leader in one of your accounts.…That positions you really well because…it enables you to have a strategic conversation…in front of your leader and a leader in your customer.…So, when you get into that call.…Let's assume you get it, your leader says yes,…you get it scheduled with the customer.…When you get into that call, one of the things…you want to make sure you do is…know what's happening in their business.…
This means you have to have done your homework.…
In this course, Lisa outlines key techniques to find and leverage your "noble purpose" and connect with customers on a deeper level. Learn the three key elements of a great call opening, when and when not to use a pitch deck, and the secrets to creating a sales process that can flex with different customer types. Last, she provides advice to develop yourself professionally, such as how to talk to senior leaders and position yourself as a strategy partner instead of a pitchman, when and how to take your boss on a sales call, and how to network effectively. Use these tips to close bigger, close faster, and make your work more meaningful.
- Selling with noble purpose
- Sales as a fast track to leadership
- Making the first call
- Avoiding sounding scripted
- Recovering from a bad call
- Working with your bosses and senior leaders
- Networking and being coachable