How do you leave a lasting impression? Bert Verdonck walks through tips on making great impressions over time with the right type of content, and how to make it easier for people to remember you.
- A first impression is very important, we all agree. But how can you leave a more lasting impression? If you are contacting a sought-after candidate, how can you facilitate people remember you better? Dare to stand out. Don't be like every other recruiter. Do things differently. I know, not always easy. But, whatever you do, make sure that people who are introducing you actually introduce you in the right way. Talk to them first and help them do a better job. What are your special interests? How do people remember you? In my case, being a chocoholic and a life hacker often kickstarts the conversation.
People frequently remember that I'm a flexitarian. It's part-time vegetarian and an ex-perfectionist. I'm a Caucasian man from Europe that speaks Hindi. And I'm a keen sailor working on my dream to sail around the world. But enough about me. What about you? How do you express your personal brand? How do you stand out? What are topics that arouse interest, curiosity, or are common with your target audience? Music, movies, literature, hobbies, food, travel, you name it.
It seems like small stuff at first, but these are the things that will help people remember you longer and keep you top of mind. When job seekers are ready to make their move, they often have a plan or a choice of where to apply. So you'd better be top-of-mind then. Oh yeah, I remember that recruiter who, that's where I'm applying. If you play it right, you can influence them to choose you.
- Identify the stakeholders that should be involved when moving your recruiting process into social recruiting.
- Recognize the advantages of using LinkedIn to recruit job seekers.
- Summarize the steps taken to start social recruiting.
- Explain the importance of promoting your company brand in your social recruiting strategy.
- Recall the key element you should always keep in mind when creating content for your social platforms.
- Identify strategies for optimizing your time spent posting content to social media platforms.