Join Barbara Bruno for an in-depth discussion in this video How to relate to technical candidates, part of Technical Recruiting.
- View Offline
- I've been placing individuals in the technology…segment of the recruiting profession for a long time,…and what I've learned is there are certain complaints…that these professionals have against technical recruiters,…and I'd like to share those with you.…The first complaint are calls.…You and I both know, we have to make calls…all day long, but they don't like the calls…on jobs that are not appropriate.…What they basically shared with me was,…you call me and you talk about a .net developer job,…and I'm a programmer, why would you waste my time?…So what you have to do, you have to make sure…when you're making calls that you know…who you're talking to so you're making appropriate calls,…because guess what, they welcome calls…that show them the benefit to them to talk to you.…
You just have to basically do more research so you're…calling the right people on the right opportunities.…The second complaint is uninformed recruiters.…You have to understand the people that you place.…If you interview 10 people with a title,…
There's a shortage of top technical talent worldwide. The demand for qualified technical recruiters has never been higher. The strategies in this course will help you recruit technical talent faster and meet the ever-growing demands of hiring authorities.
- Segments of IT recruiting
- Verifying credentials
- Managing visas and work restrictions
- Managing relationships with candidates
- Attracting top technical talent
- Overcoming candidate and hiring authority objections
- Negotiating and closing an offer