Learn how to recognize when the company could be facing legal issues and how to the reduce the possibility of a lawsuit.
- As a manager, you're a part of the next frontier…of individuals entrusted with the support of your superiors…and their belief that you can handle…any situation that gets thrown your way, right?…Good stuff.…Well, what happens when that situation is an ethical one?…What happens when you encounter an employee…underneath your supervision that has violated…a part of the code of ethics at your company…and now you know it?…How do you handle it?…What are the proper steps to mitigate…your exposure to liability and that of your companies?…If you're in this circumstance,…these are tough questions, right?…In this video, we're going to discuss…the steps you should take to reduce liability…and ensure that when an ethics violation…occurs on your watch, you've competently addressed…and took action to protect everyone involved…and you're ready.…
Now, before we get to the nitty gritty action steps,…here's a quick definition of business ethics.…Before you know if someone has violated them,…you have to know what they are, right?…
- Identify which legal concept you will become most familiar with as a manager.
- Explain why it is important to ensure an injured employee receives medical attention.
- List the three steps you should take to mitigate risks when an employee violates the code of ethics.
- Define business ethics.
- Recall which concept the courts will not consider when piercing the corporate veil.