Learn the proper way to place callers on hold in a retail environment while delivering world-class customer service to in-person customers at the same time.
- Imagine you're working on an exceptionally busy day.…You have a line of customers waiting for your attention,…and you're feeling the pressure to serve 'em.…All of a sudden it happens.…The one thing you were hoping wouldn't,…the phone rings.…What do you do?…Do you stop in the middle of waiting on your customer…and pick up the phone?…Or do you ignore it and let it ring?…To start, it's important to recognize…that you or your coworkers must answer the phone…every time it rings, even when you're busy.…
That phone call could be a customer calling,…management, an emergency responder.…You never know.…So, let's discuss phone etiquette and how to deliver…excellent customer service in three easy steps.…Step one, when you hear the phone ring,…immediately acknowledge the customer…who's currently in front of you.…Make eye contact.…Smile at them so you confirm that you'll…continue to help them.…If you're waiting on a customer when the phone rings,…continue the transaction as you answer the phone.…
This is a bit of multitasking, but once you do it…
In this course, learn techniques to deal with upset customers, and show empathy with active listening. Instructor and customer service expert David Brownlee—the author of Rock Star Customer Service—also provides etiquette tips to ensure quality service at every point of interaction: from the moment customers walk in the door to keeping them happy while they're on hold.
- Why it matters to deliver good service
- Creating a positive attitude
- Delivering a good first impression
- Dealing with upset customers
- How to listen
- Retail etiquette, including phone etiquette