For thousands of years, every day innovators have used patterns in their inventions, usually without even realizing it. These patterns are embedded in the products and services you see around you everyday. These patterns are like the DNA of a product or service.
- So, where do great ideas come from?…The answer might surprise you.…Let's look at the most successful rock band in history,…The Beatles.…In a biography of Paul McCartney,…he shared his secret.…"As usual for these co-written things,…"John often had just the first verse…"which was always enough.…"It was the direction, it was the signpost,…"and it was the inspiration for the whole song.…"I hate the word, but it was the template."…Paul and John used a formula early in their careers…to create many blockbuster songs.…
Hey, they're not the only ones.…Many artists, authors, songwriters,…and composers also use templates of some form.…Interestingly, most creative people don't want you to know…they use templates.…It seems to take away from their creative genius,…when in fact templates make them more creative.…Highly creative people aren't the only ones…that use patterns.…Innovators, for thousands of years,…have used patterns into their inventions,…usually without realizing.…
Those patterns are now embedded into the products…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding ways to learn creativity
- Understanding the barriers to creativity
- Applying the subtraction technique
- Applying the division technique
- Applying the multiplication technique
- Applying the attribute dependency theory
- Creating a creativity dream team
- Facilitating group creativity
- Selecting the best ideas