Understand the difference between noble purpose sellers and quota sellers
- What makes the top tier successful?…It's the question every sales executive wants to know.…What differentiates those top performing salespeople?…And if you're a salesperson,…it's probably what you want to know.…What can I do to become one of those top performers?…Well, I want to tell you a story…about when I first discovered the role that purpose…plays in driving sales performance.…As a consultant, one of my clients hired me many years ago…to assess their sales team.…
Now, this was a big bio-tech company,…and they wanted my team and I to work with their salespeople…and figure out what makes the top performers better…than everyone else.…And so we went out in the field,…and we worked with all their people.…Now, this was a science based company,…so this was a blind study.…What that means is we didn't know who…the top performers were…and who the merely good performers were.…We were near the end of the study…and I was with the representative in Phoenix, Arizona.…I was about to get out of her car.…
We'd spent two days working together,…
In this course, Lisa outlines key techniques to find and leverage your "noble purpose" and connect with customers on a deeper level. Learn the three key elements of a great call opening, when and when not to use a pitch deck, and the secrets to creating a sales process that can flex with different customer types. Last, she provides advice to develop yourself professionally, such as how to talk to senior leaders and position yourself as a strategy partner instead of a pitchman, when and how to take your boss on a sales call, and how to network effectively. Use these tips to close bigger, close faster, and make your work more meaningful.
- Name three questions you should answer when crafting your noble purpose.
- Identify the first action you should take in a new sales job.
- Recall three pieces of information that should be included in a “win” email to the boss.
- Recognize the biggest challenge for salespeople.
- Determine what needs to be included in a pitch deck.
- List two reasons why a sales cycle may be longer than usual.