Discover the two worst things to say in the first 15 seconds of a sales call. Learn how to use the "You know how when..." technique to get people engaged, and how to make others feel fabulous in the first two minutes.
- Let's talk about networking.…A lot of people consider it a necessary evil,…especially if you're in sales.…But the reason a lot of people don't like it,…quite honestly, is because a lot of people are bad at it.…So I want to give you some techniques…to not only be an amazing networker…but also to bring out the best in the people you meet with.…So let's start off with what not to do.…You meet someone at a party.…"Hi, I'm Lisa, I'm Bill."…You ask the inevitable question -- what do you do?…They ask the inevitable question, what do you do.…
The worst thing you can do in those first few minutes…is to say "Well, I sell this, let me tell you about it."…Nobody wants to hear that.…So instead, what you want to do is…you want to focus on them.…And if they say well, I sell this, or I'm a teacher,…or I'm a manager of this, take that in,…but let me give you a question that you can ask…that will actually elevate the conversation…and make them feel wonderful.…Whatever answer they give you,…when they've described what they do for a living,…
In this course, Lisa outlines key techniques to find and leverage your "noble purpose" and connect with customers on a deeper level. Learn the three key elements of a great call opening, when and when not to use a pitch deck, and the secrets to creating a sales process that can flex with different customer types. Last, she provides advice to develop yourself professionally, such as how to talk to senior leaders and position yourself as a strategy partner instead of a pitchman, when and how to take your boss on a sales call, and how to network effectively. Use these tips to close bigger, close faster, and make your work more meaningful.
- Name three questions you should answer when crafting your noble purpose.
- Identify the first action you should take in a new sales job.
- Recall three pieces of information that should be included in a “win” email to the boss.
- Recognize the biggest challenge for salespeople.
- Determine what needs to be included in a pitch deck.
- List two reasons why a sales cycle may be longer than usual.