Discover why "Reply All" is death to value and when to leverage the art of BCC.
- Have you ever gotten into an email battle with someone?…I have to tell you, at one point in my life,…I was the president of a board for a church.…And if you think people get nasty in business,…you wouldn't believe how quickly people…jumped to the wrong conclusions…and flame-mailed each other in church.…Now what's ironic, is one of the core tenets of this church…was to respect the inherent…worth and dignity of every person.…But somehow, when it came to email, all the bets were off.…You know, people say things in email…that they wouldn't say to your face.…
We've been using email for 20 years,…but we don't appear to have gotten much better at it.…If anything, the overwhelming volume of emails…that we get and send has made us even more careless.…Now, we've all either sent that email…that was misunderstood, or received an email…that we took the wrong way.…So the first advice about negotiation via email,…is don't do it.…Negotiating is always better in person.…And if you can't be face to face,…at least pick up the phone.…
- Identify the focus of your opening questions.
- List the three types of negotiators.
- Name three circumstances in which you should not negotiate.
- Recall how to tell the difference between a negotiator and a buyer.
- Recognize techniques that can help diffuse anger.
- Determine the best approach when a customer knows all of your product offerings.