Join Barbara Bruno for an in-depth discussion in this video How to market candidates to hiring authorities, part of Strategies for External Recruiters.
- View Offline
- There is a process that I'd like to teach you today…which is, basically, marketing candidates…directly to hiring authorities.…And this is going to be a very important part…of your job, because the internet has made it…much easier than ever for your candidates…to book interviews on their own,…and so it's for that reason that you have to book…more than one interview for your candidates,…unless you're working retain search.…There is certain criteria that must be met…when you're selecting the candidates…that you're going to market.…Obviously their experience must be commensurate…with the money that they're demanding.…
They have to be available for interviews,…and they have to be interested in the fact…that you want to proactively market them…so they've made a true decision…that they're going to make a change.…Now when do you market a candidate.…You market a candidate the minute you interview…someone who's outstanding.…When you interview someone and you know…you can place them in a job,…you know they're going to be booked on an interview,…
As a recruiter, having a great relationship with your clients is critical for your financial success. Barbara explains how to build a profitable client base, differentiate yourself from your competition, and how to effectively market candidates to your clients.
To be successful with any client, you also need to build your talent network—and know where to find talent, how to screen and interview candidates, and how to overcome objections from candidates or clients. Lastly, Barbara outlines best practices for a lifetime of success in recruiting.
- Finding career opportunities in recruiting
- Dealing with clients, candidates, and competitors
- Building a profitable client base
- Differentiating yourself from other recruiters
- Attracting candidates through referrals and networking
- Overcoming objections from clients and candidates
- Recruiting temporary and contract workers