The member will learn how to process map the current process
- If you have problems getting to work…on time in the mornings,…would it not be useful to understand the activities…and sequence of steps that take place each morning?…In other words, what does your wake up…and get to work process look like?…What you need is a process map.…A process map is a diagram that provides…a visual representation of the process flow,…or sequence of activities,…or steps that take place in a process from start to finish.…Here's an example of a process map…for the Wake-Up-and-Get-to-Work Process.…
Activities or tasks are represented by rectangles,…decisions are represented by diamonds,…and the sequence of flow is represented by arrows.…And start and end points are represented by ovals.…If you run out of space, connectors shaped as circles…can be used to continue to the next page.…The flow can go from left to right, or from top to bottom.…Here are some common symbols for process mapping.…Process maps are very useful in a Six Sigma project.…
During the measure phase we map the current process…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is Six Sigma?
- Understanding key concepts such as Y = f(x) and sigma level
- Selecting Six Sigma projects and team members
- Planning in the Define phase
- Gathering data in the Measure phase
- Analyzing data in the Analyze phase
- Selecting and evaluating solutions in the Improve phase
- Developing a control plan in the Control phase
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to Six Sigma
2. Key Concepts in Six Sigma
3. Selection of Six Sigma Projects
4. Define Phase
5. Measure Phase
6. Analyze Phase
7. Improve Phase
8. Control Phase
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.