Join Barbara Bruno for an in-depth discussion in this video How to manage visas and other work restrictions, part of Technical Recruiting.
- View Offline
- As a technical recruiter you will learn…very early in your career,…that many of the people that you place in jobs,…or that you hire,…are able to work as a result of various visas.…Now if you're outside of the United States,…you need to check the visa requirements…for your particular country.…What I'm going to outline are the visa requirements…in the United States.…Now in technical recruiting in the US,…there are three non-immigrant visas…to hire foreign national.…The most commonly used is the H-1B visa,…there's also the TN visa,…and the B-1 visa to a lesser extent.…
Now the H-1B visa, is due to the shortage…of technical candidates in many skill sets,…what's wonderful about this visa…is it helps expand the talent pool…beyond the US citizens and permanent residents.…The visa is good for three years,…it's renewable for three years,…and it can be further extended…when a foreign worker files for permanent resident status.…The H-1B visa is a critical source of talent,…however the process is extensive, it's time consuming,…
There's a shortage of top technical talent worldwide. The demand for qualified technical recruiters has never been higher. The strategies in this course will help you recruit technical talent faster and meet the ever-growing demands of hiring authorities.
- Segments of IT recruiting
- Verifying credentials
- Managing visas and work restrictions
- Managing relationships with candidates
- Attracting top technical talent
- Overcoming candidate and hiring authority objections
- Negotiating and closing an offer