Learn how to think about money as a part of your lifelong journey, and how actively growing it (versus earning & spending) brings you far more options in life
- Improving your investment acumen is a significant step…towards building yourself a more solid financial base…and a more solid financial base…means that you can explore different options for yourself.…That sounds great, but how and why?…Let's start with the why.…It's easy to think of life as a linear path…and for most it is.…You work your job, hopefully get a job that pays more,…hopefully put some money away after bills are paid…and hopefully grow it.…But when you're an investor,…you increase the options you have…for income and wealth building outside of that linear path.…
When you have assets at work for you…like real estate, bonds, a business of your own, or stock,…then the income or growth that they bring…can present you with options.…Don't think of your money or assets as a number or size,…the bigger the better.…Think of your money as a tool…that can help you change the path that you're on…and explore other options in life.…Maybe it's change careers,…start a business or a side hustle,…give more to causes that you believe in,…
- Identify the class of investments with the highest risk.
- Explain the type of attitude to maintain in regards to risk.
- Recall the information typically not included in an account statement.
- Calculate the percentage of a management fee when provided the number of basis points.
- Recognize the types of assets to unload during a downturn.