Join Barbara Bruno for an in-depth discussion in this video How to grow client relationships, part of Strategies for External Recruiters.
- As an external recruiter, your future…and your success is really based on…the strong relationships that you build…with clients and candidates, and I'd like to discuss…client relationships right now.…A definition of a client is somebody who…actually gives you an opening, they interview…your candidates, and they hire from you.…So, bottom line, the definition of a client…is somebody who impacts your income.…But, what I would love to know is…how would your clients rate you?…If you went to everybody you're doing business right now,…and said on a scale of one to 10, 10 being you view me…as a workforce workplace expert,…we've got this great relationship,…and one being I'm a vendor, how would your clients rate you?…Because, anything under five basically proves…that you're a vendor, and you're not a trusted advisor…consultant and certainly not their friend.…
We used to make WWD calls, those refer to what we do calls.…We do this, we do that, we do this,…and what we realized as a profession…is no one cares what we do.…
As a recruiter, having a great relationship with your clients is critical for your financial success. Barbara explains how to build a profitable client base, differentiate yourself from your competition, and how to effectively market candidates to your clients.
To be successful with any client, you also need to build your talent network—and know where to find talent, how to screen and interview candidates, and how to overcome objections from candidates or clients. Lastly, Barbara outlines best practices for a lifetime of success in recruiting.
- Finding career opportunities in recruiting
- Dealing with clients, candidates, and competitors
- Building a profitable client base
- Differentiating yourself from other recruiters
- Attracting candidates through referrals and networking
- Overcoming objections from clients and candidates
- Recruiting temporary and contract workers