Join Barbara Bruno for an in-depth discussion in this video How to entice clients and candidates, part of Strategies for External Recruiters.
- When I'm speaking in employment conferences,…the one question I get more than anything else is,…"How do you find top talent?"…And everyone is complaining how hard it is to find talent,…but in essence that's the best market for you.…So my question to you is,…"How would you like to entice…"the best candidates and clients?"…See, you could improve your ability…to do that by just developing more…of a consultative selling style.…You want to focus on the experience…the clients and candidates feel and see…during their interaction with you.…How you provide value and make the process…about them really determines how well you do…at consultative selling.…
It's all about addressing their wants and needs.…You never want to sell too fast.…I think too often, we get into what we can…do for people, those what we do calls,…when in essence, what you have to do upfront…is find out what is it that's going to motivate…your candidates to make a change,…and who do you have to put in front of the clients…to solve their problems and issues.…
As a recruiter, having a great relationship with your clients is critical for your financial success. Barbara explains how to build a profitable client base, differentiate yourself from your competition, and how to effectively market candidates to your clients.
To be successful with any client, you also need to build your talent network—and know where to find talent, how to screen and interview candidates, and how to overcome objections from candidates or clients. Lastly, Barbara outlines best practices for a lifetime of success in recruiting.
- Finding career opportunities in recruiting
- Dealing with clients, candidates, and competitors
- Building a profitable client base
- Differentiating yourself from other recruiters
- Attracting candidates through referrals and networking
- Overcoming objections from clients and candidates
- Recruiting temporary and contract workers