Learn the three steps to turn upset customers into loyal customers who can then become fans of your business. Also discover the most effective ways to professionally end a transaction with a customer that is abusive.
- One of the most difficult skills to master…in retail customer service is how to turn around…an upset customer and make them happy.…The first step in doing this is to let them vent,…let them get their frustration out of their system,…and share it with you.…That way, you ensure that the customer feels heard.…It's a very simple concept, but is not always easy.…Sometimes it can be hard to listen to someone…who's upset complain.…How do you know when they're done?…Nine times out of ten, they'll simply run out of steam,…and often, if they were harsh, they'll apologize to you,…and acknowledge that their frustration wasn't…even your fault.…
Next, you need to show empathy for your customer.…This will help them feel understood.…Put yourself in your customer's shoes, and ask yourself…if you've ever been in their situation before.…If you have, share with them your experience,…and how it was resolved.…If not, imagine how you would feel if you were…in the same situation.…This will help you feel empathy for them naturally,…
In this course, learn techniques to deal with upset customers, and show empathy with active listening. Instructor and customer service expert David Brownlee—the author of Rock Star Customer Service—also provides etiquette tips to ensure quality service at every point of interaction: from the moment customers walk in the door to keeping them happy while they're on hold.
- Why it matters to deliver good service
- Creating a positive attitude
- Delivering a good first impression
- Dealing with upset customers
- How to listen
- Retail etiquette, including phone etiquette