Find out how to deal with a bad boss. Never cease to care because then you waste 5 days a week of your life. It's better to retrain your boss, and if it doesn't work, leave your job. Understand that retraining bosses might take a few tries because they are busy and your issues may be low on their agenda.
- Someone told me once…that the only defense against bad management…is to cease to care.…I've thought about this a lot ever since he said it.…And I agree, it's a very common reaction.…In fact, I suspect that most people…who don't care about their jobs…are like that because of poor management.…And I know that bad bosses are the commonest cause…of people leaving their job,…which shows that there is another option: to leave.…But before we get to either of those undesirable options,…I want to suggest a third option: to retrain your boss.…
Retraining your boss has to be the first thing you try.…It might require courage.…It might not work.…It might result in the boss staying exactly the same…or in you getting unpopular with them.…But hey, you've still got the other two options…just like you had before.…And, by the way, I definitely think…if the retraining doesn't work,…you should go for the leave option…rather than the live with it and cease to care option.…Your work is five days a week of most of your life.…
And living with a bad boss and not caring about your work…
- Why we dislike change
- Planning for change
- Developing mental toughness
- Maximizing your interpersonal skills
- Setting long-term career goals
- Pushing yourself out of your comfort zone
- What to consider if you're thinking of leaving your job
- Building up your network
- How to be low maintenance employee
- Establishing goals and plans with a new boss
- How to deal with a bad boss
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understand and Prepare for Change
4. New Initiatives or Mergers
5. New Roles, Teams, and Location
The benefits of a new role3m 25s
6. New Boss
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.