Creativity is a team sport. Harness the power of diversity in skills, gender, and experience to get great results.
- A fast way to boost your creativity…is to harness the brainpower of others.…Creativity is a team sport…and you'll generate better ideas…if you surround yourself with people to help you.…When you invite colleagues to be part of a creativity…session, be sure to create a diverse team.…Diversity helps people see more possibilities.…It creates a stronger sense of group accountability.…Diverse groups cause people to bring their best thinking,…to behave properly, and to maintain their status…in the group as a positive contributor.…
You want diversity in three ways,…functional, gender, and cultural.…Functional diversity means that team members come…from different parts of the company.…Now, it depends a lot on the topic…you're generating ideas for.…Generally speaking, I try to include coworkers…from marketing, from my technical team,…and from my sales or customer support team.…But at times, it makes sense to include colleagues…with financial skills or regulatory knowledge.…
Taken together, you want the right people in the room…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding ways to learn creativity
- Understanding the barriers to creativity
- Applying the subtraction technique
- Applying the division technique
- Applying the multiplication technique
- Applying the attribute dependency theory
- Creating a creativity dream team
- Facilitating group creativity
- Selecting the best ideas